Video stuttering?

Still very new to drones and editing/uploading vids to YT so I’m hoping for some advice. This video is stuttering a bit in places and I think it might be where I’ve changed the playback speed. Is this a common problem? And any way to get around it or
do I just need to fly the drone at the correct speed in the first place?

https://youtu.be/sr9lylkLYuQ

@RichGBiscuit I’ve changed the title of your post to be a bit more in line with the question you’re asking. I’ve also edited the video link and put it on a line of its own which then embeds a YouTube player automatically :+1:t2:

Awesome, thanks. Every day’s a school day :wink:

What sd card are you using?

Definitely looks like a frame rate issue. You’re effectively reducing the number of frames per second when you change the playback speed.

Think of it this way. Let’s say for example you’re working in 25fps. You’ve effectively taken 25 pictures to cover 1 second of screentime. If you slow that down by half you’ve now only got 12 or 13 photos for that same second. There will be gaps. It’s these gaps that are your stutter

1 Like

So obvious when you put it like that! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Not sure which make but it’s a Class 10 SD card and haven’t seen this problem before with same card. Sounds like a definite frame rate issue caused by me slowing down some of the clips. But thanks anyway :+1:

No worries.

Certain frames you think you might want to slow down shoot in 50/60fps may be easier than flying super slow and it all looks the same once on the big screen. :+1:

1 Like

I’m having the same problem with stuttering during playback of a saved project on my Mac, I try to play it back via ‘Airplay’ onto my Smart 4K TV but it just keeps stuttering, what am I doing wrong please?

Is the file 4K or HD (1920x1080)?
Does it play back OK on other devices?
Not familiar with airplay, is it on your Mac.?
Does it play back OK using the Mac video player.?
Trying to find out if it’s the file or your playback system not up to playing back 4K.

Rafter

It’s H264 so it’s HD, it plays okay on my Mac but stutters on the TV. Airplay is a means of playing something on my Mac/IPhone/IPad and seeing it on another device e.g. a TV.

If it plays OK on one device, the file is OK. It sounds like the either the player you are using is not up to it, or the settings could be out of sync.
Can you use the player to play it on another device other than the TV?
What frame rate is the file and what refresh rate is the TV.
I have 2 files, one 25p and one 30p. My pc monitor’s refresh rate is 60hz, it will play the 30p file but stutters with the 25p one.

Are both devices connected via WiFi or CAT5 cable?

If both are only on WiFi, that might be your issue right there?

Both on WiFi, so that could be the problem then I’m guessing. The next thing to try is to download the video onto a USB and then plug that into the TV.

2 Likes