VOTE NOW FPV Trick Competition - Rubik's Cube 9/10/22 to 6/11/22

Landing!!!

Tbh as I pressed send I wanted to change to “landing”…

Nice work though Karl inside the tower heh. Shame we didn’t get more time there :pensive:

2 Likes

ah part of the hobby. There’s always someone trying to be in control

Great job inside the tower mate :star_struck:

1 Like

5th attempt :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Looks proper tidy especially with not much room :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Was it flooded up there today?

No. It was fine.

Thats a result, everythings pretty wet down this way

Was a lovely day for flying, just annoyed didn’t do more in the towers… Anyways, got a Rubix at location two… Hmmmm, not perfect, but moving forwards for once, the ones I did last week were quite static!

1 Like

Nice job Martin, and kept the flow too :ok_hand:t2:

Due to the poor weather, and as the current trick competition ends on Sunday, each of the two entrants so far has a one in three chance of winning.

taylor-swift-confused

If the mob would like to extend this trick comp for another month, please voice your opinion below. If you would like it to carry on as normal and have the next trick over the next few months, then please vote.

Don’t forget, simulator entries are always allowed.

• Extend the poll until the end of the year
  • Carry on as normal and hope I can do the next trick
  • I bought a milky way today and had it for lunch. On a butty

0 voters

Just to show willing, this is about the closest I’ve come IRL. :roll_eyes:

Oh, and it was a Titan, not a Milky Way.

2 Likes

My best attempt using a weird method - forward flip, 270’ right turn, backward flip, 90’ left turn. Not sure that’s what the challenge asked for, but I managed it.
You might recognise the location from Gunja’s submission.

3 Likes

I decided that it would be a good idea if I put up every single attempt I made in one long motion sickness inducing nightmare. This is to inflict the pain I feel on the original challenger.

After editing this video I never want to try this trick again and feel a little queasy.

It doesn’t help that the first attempt is actually probably the closest to a proper Rubik’s cube… By the end I’m just flinging the quad however I feel. Sticks going all over the place.

So, my entry is the first of these.

On a good note the PC upgrade I just did has really made video editing with Davinici a breeze! :smiley:

2 Likes

I would actually say that 1st attempt is a rubix cube! Bravo!

fast video editing, oh that’d be nice…

1 Like

Oh it sure is. Multi-monitor; quick timeline scrolls; rendering is even quick. I’m loving this PC upgrade… A fast M.2 drive is next… maybe after xmas… ooo or for xmas.

1 Like

Makes a huge difference, even from a decent SSD. I got this … huge boost in rendering (on top of a decent GPU).

So I understand!

We have some fantastic, well executed, if interesting interpretations, of a Rubik’s Cube to vote for.
200w (2)

And as @BigDog didn’t enter this time, everyone of the 5 entries has a shot at top spot!

Please also note that clicking on the gif will take you straight to the pilots Youtube page for their full video.

Voting ends this Friday night. The winner gets to choose the next trick which will run into the new year due to the weather.

1 Like