Wait for MP3? Or do I go bonkers and buy an Inspire 2?

Got a sudden increase in commercial work, and am thinking about treating myself to a new drone. I haven’t seen any compelling features yet for the new Mavic - let alone a release date. And I’m guessing the Inspire 2 is a big upgrade in terms of capture quality and features. Throwing this out there to see what you Learned Folk think.

Oh, and while it may sound flash, this is a business decision - not my money, the banks! :wink:

Welcome back (again!) David :rofl:

What are you looking to get from a drone that you can’t currently get / do with your Mavic Pro? :thinking:

1 Like

Hey again, mate.
It’s not so much that my Mavic Pro is old now, and two of the batteries don’t hold charge. What really gets me is that DJI don’t support the old Pro (at least not on Macs), and I just feel that it’s time to move on.

2 Likes

Hi David,

Following on from your comment that DJI no longer support the old Pro, likewise they no longer support the Inspire 1 and, IMHO, it won’t be too long before they pull the plug on the Inspire 2 as well as it has been out some time. Re capture quality there will be a temptation too to invest in some extra lenses, say the Olympus range, in order to achieve the best quality.

If you are desperate to get out there flying with a good camera, have you considered the Air 2S?

1 Like

Interesting.
I didn’t know the Inspire 2 could soon drop off the support list. Good point. Spose that’s what we get for enjoying a high-tech hobby…

I don’t know much about the Air 2S, but by the time you read this I’ll be all over Google and YouTube!
Thank you!

1 Like

There is also the Autel Evo 2 that might be worth considering.

1 Like

What is it you want to do, I’m still able to ‘play’ with parameters on my modded MP1 and MacBook/iMac

According to DJI, my old Mavic 1 Pro needs calibrating. And the DJI GO software says the model is no longer supported.

1 Like

Also very interesting. Anyone know if the Autel app works ok on Mac/iPhone/iPad etc?

1 Like

Download Assistant for the Mac and recalibrate on there

@PingSpike is probably the one to answer that … and since he’s rather “Apple”, I’d anticipate an affirmative. :wink:

2 Likes

Affirmative :+1:t2:

For a year I only ever flew the Autel with my iPhone (then got the Autel Smart Controller).

2 Likes

Thanks, but no luck.
Apart from HoRNDIS saying it can’t install on this Mac (11.5.2), DJI Assistant says (as ever) “Device not supported. Please download the correct DJI Assistant etc etc” This is what started me looking for alternatives in the first place.

Have you tried the older version of Assistant ?

https://greyarro.ws/t/useful-downloads/1798/2

Woahhh - that smart controller is lush. Tempted to go Autel now.

Thanks, Chris - but those downloads look to be Windows only :frowning:

I’ve got a version I’ll put on Google drive and up the link :wink:

You’re a legend! :smiley:

2 Likes

Link here

Go for the 1.1.2 version, original and best allows you to do lots of things with your MP

I really do appreciate your efforts to help, sir. But all to no avail.

I’ve tried 3 different USB cables, 2 desktop Macs and a laptop - each time the Assistant software tells me my device is not supported. One final question, then I’m giving up: I’m just plugging the drone itself into the USB port. I don’t need to have the controller powered up and connected, surely?

I reckon my Mavic was very first gen; I rushed to buy it when they first came out. Perhaps it is too ancient to continue with after all.