Wanted - Forest/Mountain Footage

Hi I’m putting together a feature film based on a children’s book to raise money for the NHS. Filming has been going on for 8 months and were in need of some drone footage of both mountains and forest footage. Can anyone help needs to be copyright free but will add you to the film credits will run for 1 hour 20 mins on U TUBE when editing etc is finished .
Thanks David

4 Likes

Hi David and welcome to GADC, I’ve changed the title to reflect that you are looking for footage.

Any more info on the project or teasers?

1 Like

Hi Chris,
Thanks for getting back to me as its for the NHS and were in early editing stages I have to be as discreet as I can until we are in a position to launch the trailer and take it to the press etc.
I can tell you its based on a series of Children’s books, and we need fast drone footage in a forest so a car will be flying through the forest, and then fast framed mountain footage. both run times of between 30 to 60 seconds.
Feel free to call me though and I can go through some more details. . I’m the author of the books and producing the film and we have over 120 cast and crew It has been filmed totally through lockdown and its a mix of animation and live action.
If anyone is interested they can email or call me thanks David

Hi David, I’ve removed your telephone number from the post, if anyone wants to get hold of you I’d suggest the message system here or they can PM me for your number ;o)

Thanks Chris no probs cheers for putting it on board

Hi David. Sounds like a fantastic project and I wanted to wish you all the best of luck! I was going to offer some footage from the Lakes but then saw you needed something a little more specific. However, I don’t know if you use Envato Elements? Its a cheap way to subscribe to some great video and images. There’s q fair amount of aerial forest and mountains there (drone and helicopter shoots) and you may find something suitable?

Best wishes,
Jules

Hi Jules thanks for the info will have a look soon and see if anything suits thanks David

I’m always mucking about in forests. If you let me know what you specifically need, I’m sure I either have it already or will not be much trouble to get.

Hi Richard really fast moving footage zipping through trees imagine a bee flying through a forest and taking their view if that helps

Would straight line footage be sufficient? Are you thinking head height or higher? What length of footage?

Runtime of minimum 30 seconds max 60 seconds ideally footage flying into the forest as if your in the front seat of a roller coaster with the tracks ahead of you.
Ideally 40 feel high

Hi, please see the footage below and let me know if it’s ok for your project

1 Like

Hi thanks

Just needs to be much faster re frame rate if poss

Hi, on the way back from fishing I stopped by a forest to try some things out. It was actually quite weird as I didnt realise how much I usually avoid trees like the plague. I usually fly well above them!

In short, what you require is actually incredibly difficult to achieve. The mountains, easy, but trees? Much more difficult than I had thought (and didn’t realise till I tried). At 40 feet, the tree branches are at their most extended and not many forests will permit flight at this altitude without a crash. At 30mph (bloody fast in trees) you would need a quarter mile of straight run to get a minimum length take. This would be hard to find and would require filming at a wood with structured planting in rows, for timber perhaps. Sorry

Hi Richard thanks for the update and the explanation appreciated David

This sounds to me like FPV footage would be your best bet. Some of those guys are amazing pilots with exceptional skills and their footage would give you the perspective of a bee flying through the forests no problem. There are FPV guys on here but not sure if any of them fly in forests regularly? Hope you find what you’re after :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

David, have you got what you need yet? I live right by a Scottish forest and am happy to do some fast footage along the forest tracks if you let me know exaclty what you want. Cheers.

Hi I’m still looking, need the footage to run for 40 seconds to a minute a car will be flying through the air in the forest and want to get it to miss trees etc as it flies.
I’m nor sure if im allowed to give out me email on here and I can email you a clip of an example of mountain footage we have which will help thanks david

Hi thanks for the info still looking for the footage I also need some mountain footage as well can you help on that call

Hi David,
I’ll try a bit this afternoon.

In terms of mountains, we’ve got plenty here! What sort of thing are you looking for? A long shot?
Cheers.