Well, didn’t see that coming! Not!

Anyone else surprised?

3 Likes

My drone shall now been renamed “Black Bess”. :wink:

2 Likes

How long before Amazon starting pointing their very long extended finger at regular drone users for any near misses and other incidents?!!?

#WasntMeMrs

4 Likes

So, are all their Pilots going to be PfCo trained?
Where does the BVLOS rule apply then !.
Just asking…

3 Likes

How the hell have they got permission for this ?.
Yeah !, I know MONEY !!!
So, if you are near a NFZ, you’ll get it by post !.

1 Like

This from the official NASA website

i can’t wait for the kids on some housing estates to start bring them down and taking the contents can’t see this lasting long trouble is it will damage our hobby

2 Likes

It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “It fell off the back of a lorry”
Now it’s fallen off the back of a drone, very 21st century

3 Likes

With all the tough regulations in place for mere mortals like us, Amazon manages to clear any obstacles on their way. I am really curious to find out how they manage this. Especially distances and avoiding other drones in the air

2 Likes

I thought the drone had to be in line of sight?

Of course, but…one rule for those very wealthy organisations that grease the palms of the legislators and another for us mere plebs. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Yeah true, if my drone goes out of sight I might just claim to work for amazon. Haha

2 Likes

This is one of the main reasons for clearing out “hobby” drone flyers from as much airspace as possible.
Originating in Brussels these rules have been rubber stamped here for purely commercial interests, much as the “airwaves” have been sold off to mobile phone companies.
Personally, I’m not that bothered as just about every area of life is “controlled” these days…

Hi everyone,
I don’t mean to be a killjoy but I’ve just been reading the governments proposals for our drone hobby.
These are 2 years old but give you a clear view of what is going to happen after “registration”.
Please take time to consider this.

Cheers,

MB

thought 400ft was the limit ?

B. Reducing the complexity of the altitude limitations for drones, in general
and when near licensed aerodromes and heliports.
The current regulation states that all drones weighing more than 7kg must not
generally be flown over 400ft, and this is also advised for smaller drones in the
Dronecode, for safety reasons, although it is not a legal requirement. In an
amendment of the ANO, Option B could also include amending this altitude
limitation to ensure that it does apply to all drones weighing 7kg or less too.
This option would also include making clear that the maximum operating
heights for drones should be related to their proximity to airfields or heliports,

" although it is not a legal requirement"

That was the case before May 2018

AHA,That makes sense,cheers.

1 Like

Will the live delivery routes be on airspace monitoring apps?

The kids where I live will be taking these down for sport. I saw someone make a bolo by tying a pair of old trainers together. That would work quite well, I think.