West Midland Meets 2020

@Zinoreaper list of West Midland Meets planned for 2020 courtesy of @AndyCortez I’m sure Andy won’t mind if you have any questions/updates regarding these dates.

3 Likes

To avoid confusion, the meetings listed above are not organised by Grey Arrows Drone Club.

1 Like

NOTED
Going on Kitchen calendar today :laughing:

2 Likes

I’d like to take this opportunity to state that there is no “self-promotion” or “spam” associated with anything to do with the club that I manage whose meet dates are listed in this post. (I won’t mention the name as it appears to upset certain people for reasons unknown)
My goal is to educate.
We’re all here because we enjoy the hobby. I’m aware now that “Facebook” evidently, is a 4-letter word on grey arrows so will try not to mention or post any links to it.
I must say that I was astounded by my last post being removed by Admin due to a link to more information (through fb) being posted and this got my back up a little. I’ve got over that now and understand the reasons why… I think…
Yes I’ve organised these meet dates.
No they’re not Grey Arrows meets.
Yes, they do attract old and new flyers.
No we don’t do free tea and biscuits.
Yes I do supply free cold beers at the summer meets between May and September.
No you can’t turn up just for free beer.
Yes you can come along and maybe learn something.

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

FWIW
I saw these dates as an opportunity, weather permitting :thinking:, to get out and fly my drones in the company of like minded individuals regardless of wether they have any membership to any other club. Indeed I’m a member of Midland Helicopter Club as well as being (what I consider) an active member of the online GADC.
I’ve always NOT had any time for ‘public’ social media (Facebook for example) so when I arrange a local meet-up for the GADC I would not promote it elsewhere but that’s just me. What other members choose to do is there perogative.
I suspect there is some history in this that I’m not aware of.
Perhaps at the start of a New Year we can wind down the tension and all have great fun, flying and building, with our hobby. :smile:
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Im hoping to make the chasewater one weather and wife permitting :rofl::rofl:

Due to the weather this Sunday, the Lickey Hills meet has been moved forwards 1 day to Saturday 8th.
I won’t be there as I’ll be at work, but I’ll go up on the Sunday anyway in case anyone shows up hoping for a break in the weather.