What do you make of this? Drone sign at Kingsmead, Hertford

Thank you for this.
Now I’m even more perplexed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would say that most of it is just made up, they say this “may form the basis” a bylaw… what…! it is or it isn’t, to get a bylaw in force is a complicated matter, they cant tell you you need insurance, noise limits has nothing to do with the drone code or CAP722, these are scare tactics and I would speak to them and say as much and tell them you will report them to the CAA, they have not reviewed CAP722 which to put any restrictions in place they must… yes they can ask you not to take off and land on their property but that is it… follow the code, follow your licence… you are in the right… and even the sign is no where near where you want to fly as far as I can see, scare tactics… Cheers

2 Likes

I flew there last week and only read the sign as I left.

I’ve flown there for years, just to practise.

I figure I’ll keep doing it until asked to stop. I see no legal prohibition

If you are flying there and are approached by anyone just ask them to produce a copy of the relevant bylaw.

1 Like

Park Mead is owned by East Herts Council. Their park/drone policy says flying is ok if it’s within the law. I can find no bylaw prohibiting this

Enquiry submitted to council

@BlackBobDog1952 I’ve edited out your personal info above, saves the chance of you getting spammed

Hi @BlackBobDog1952, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

why the hostility towards drones?

it seems like it’s a bunch of model aircraft flyers that are trying to protect their flying patch and as such are worried that they could be overcome by drones instead of model aeroplane pilots… does it really matter?

a lot of current fliers start off with a drone and then get a flying wing or other variant of fixed wing…

UAVs are also normally smaller and quieter than your old gas burner 2 stroke…

I guess the old timers will die off at some point… and there will be fewer model flying clubs… think as usual we are forgetting the point of the hobby which is to get out, meet chat and fly a bit… fly something, anything… and then go back to the daily routine until next meet

Shame as not all clubs are like that we have a couple of model flying clubs near here and they actively welcome drones as it’s all flying and many of the members want to have a go , also drones come in handy when the loose a plane lol

that’s great to hear as it seemed that there was a drive against drones and planes… more the merrier really in my opinion as we all share the same airspace, and drones are great because of VTOL… where as a plane always needs more space (or at least that is my perception… planes go forwards great… but need some windspeed… so you’ve got less thought time than on a DJI where when you are learning you can just leave the sticks (or apply the break) and it will just hover… not possible on a plane

it’s a big ass sky and there is more than enough space for all of us to share it… it’s just a hobby to me… not a living … I do it to get out… not to get territorial… and say hi to some person because they are wearing a blue, red, green or black and white shirt

2 Likes