What is the punishment for flying a drone in a car park at night?

Doubt you’ll get in any trouble.

I’d advise you to fly in open areas in daylight if you’re just testing a drone out though.

2 Likes

Trying it out at night in a car park doesn’t sound ideal for a newbie to be honest, so I think we would all say prob best find a big field and soft grass when we can fly again, as already mentioned, flying is classed as recreation and not exercise… ! Fly careful if you do.

1 Like

100 lines mate.
“I must wear a hoodie and face mask when flying in a carpark with cameras in lockdown”

6 Likes

You can always try, ‘I was trying to find my car. Could have sworn it was parked here’

Unless north of the border. As its allowed as is para scending.

As long as there was no dogging involved, all will be OK.

1 Like

Oh no, I didn’t know that. Wish I had taken the drone now.

That reminded me of the time when I was flying a rocket and got pulled over by the police. It all started when I promised my son I would buy him a REAL ROCKET for Christmas if he really got good at reading in Primary school. Well the bribe worked so on Boxing day Christmas 2001 I found myself with a solid fuel model rocket in the boot of the car on my way to Pen Silva on Dartmoor to fly it with 3 very excited children in the back. I went round a corner and there was a policeman standing in the road flagging people down and directing them to a lay-by. I pulled in to the Lay-by and a very young policeman started to explain that they were doing drink drive awareness checks. He had hardly got a word out when the kids yelled “we’ve got a rocket in the boot” Now this is 3 months after the Nine-Eleven attack. Young policeman goes white and runs off to get an older one. The tension is palpable and I am imagining the cell door closing behind me already. The older policeman saunters across and says “now what’s all this”? before I can say a word the kids yell “we have got a rocket in the boot” The Policeman ignores me and says to the Kids “with a parachute and everything”? The kids say yes excitedly, The Policeman says to me “I fly mine at Pen Silva, is that where you are headed?” I reply that it is. Have a good afternoon and a good flight sir he said and waved us on.

11 Likes

Now I remember why I was looking into a thermal camera. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Did you drive the drone in? If so, then as long as you paid the parking fee you should be fine.

Hahaha nice