What sort of prizes would you like to see? šŸ¤”

How about a flying course? I know there are a lot of YouTubeā€™s out there - but nothing beats proper face to face guidance.

2 Likes

I agree with you PingSpike as most people even relative newbies like myself, probably own a drone and accessories for it, personally Iā€™d like to see as a prize some 1-2-1 flight training with an experienced pilot and also some workshops for taking both still and video with some editing time on both.

2 Likes

How about offering either option; winner can take the item or the cash ā€¦ like BOTB do :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™m not against cash, I love it :rofl:. It was just the idea of the prize that was won being used in hobby from where it was won thatā€™s all :+1: As long as thereā€™s no vouchers involved, which are restrictive, then happy days :+1:

Just on a note of cash prize equivalent, would that be the equivalent of RRP or what GADC got the item for. Iā€™m only asking because if GADC got a discount on an item, somebody won it, asked for the cash equivalent but got what the site paid, but was expecting the RRP price. That somebody might be brassed off. :man_shrugging: Does that make sense?

Me myself, wouldnā€™t really be bothered, Iā€™ve won something , and thatā€™s good enough for me. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for asking! It all looks amazing whatever prizes are offered. It has just occurred to me that landing mats might be something to offer. For example a Hoodman 3ā€™ which is weighted, bright and stop FOD getting into the drone.

With GADC Logos? :thinking:

Davinci Resolve licence? Thereā€™s a suggestion, heh!

Laptop, Tablet, Phone

Are the profits going to a good cause ?

I presume, the profits will go into the running cost for the site that aint cheap, and as one man has been running it at his own expense for a long time, and also going into buying the said goods for the prizes, but i could be wrong

4 Likes

Profits? :thinking:

I think with things like this, to make it appealing to more people, weā€™d need to offer a single prize as ā€œA tablet of your choiceā€ and give the winner the option of choosing between an Apple iPad, TripleTek or a Samsung (unsure of model) - but essentially have two or three options of roughly the same price each, which weā€™d lay out in the competition details page.

The winner can then choose the one they want from a list? :thinking:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great idea :+1:

2 Likes

Same with the phones you mentioned, Wayne. We could offer the winner the choice of a network-unlocked iPhone 14 Pro or an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S23.

2 Likes

I like the idea of top-end high tech spec prizes :+1:

1 Like

RC cars, Metal detectors, Watches :grinning:

You mean like Rolex :smiley:

1 Like

Only way you can get one at the moment :frowning:

1 Like

If thereā€™s any profits theyā€™ll prob be going back into the pot towards the site and more expensive prizes.

The thing with running comps is they arenā€™t forced to make the money the prize costs in the first place, smaller priced items shouldnā€™t be a problem but when your looking at drone packages or tablets / phones etc then it could make a loss.

So what the pot makes profit , will also take a hit.

3 Likes

In the mid 80ā€™s, about half a dozen of us in the toolroom we worked in, decided to run a raffle for Xmas. First prize was a very good bottle of sherry, everybody in the factory bought a ticket. With the takings, we had another the next day, with the prizes being (once again) very good sherry and a very good port, once gain everybody in the fatcory had a ticket. Next day again we took the takings, and bought, sherry, port and a good bottle of Scotch. Next day, sherry, port, whisky and brandy, everybody again bought a ticket. This carried on for a month before Xmas, and by the last day, virtually everybody was winning a prize. We took all of the takings (lots) and an ex railway flat trolley to the nearest wholesale off license and filled the trolley with beer of every sort we could get. When I say ā€œfilledā€ the trolley, the cases of beer were stacked 5 deep and we had to have somebody on each corner to stop them falling off (there was over 100 cases of beer). Back to the factory and everybody had at least a 6 pack of beer for free, and the organisers had a case each. Them was the days!

4 Likes