What the bleedin' ell is going on 'ere then?

So I had this “quad spinning out of control” thing going on and I narrowed it down to a motor that seemed to stutter occasionally at high revs.

So I switched the ESC but that didn’t do owt, so I switched the FC but that didn’t do owt either. Upon closer inspection the motor seemed to have slight damage to it’s coils so I switched the motor and it still does this weird stuttering thing. And the motor gets very hot too.

So either my quad is posessed or in missing something.

Anyone any ideas about what could be causing?

All other motors work fine.

Not sure but that motor was smoking at the end of the video so you’ve definitely burnt the motor out.

Ok so that’s what’s wrong with it now, but it would be interesting to know what was wrong with it before as well…

When you say switched the motor do you mean you swapped out the motor for a new/different motor or just swapped the motor with a different motor on the same quad?

I bought a new motor. Same model and kv.

So new ESC, new Flight Controller and new Motor and it’s still doing the same thing? On the same motor?

:thinking:

Have you been messing with the PIDs and filters? If so set them back to the betaflight defaults and see if it’s still doing the same thing. (Assuming you’re using betaflight)

What motor protocol are you running Tom?

I know right? Spooky eh?

DShot 600 I think… I’d have to check and no not done nuffink with the pids

I’ll try resetting everything in betaflight…

The bad motor may have damaged the new esc

1 Like

Ahhhhhhh… There’s an interesting thought.

What a pisser if that’s the case …

Are you sure that the motor mounting screws aren’t too long and hitting the windings?

That was the problem that knackered the original motor…