What your Mavic Pro is for

Wish that I had the time and money to go on such adventures :grinning:

3 Likes

Yep me too somehow work seems to take priority. Lol

1 Like

Its a bugger about them bills isnt it? :wink:

1 Like

Iceland is on my wish list to goto this year! There’s a car ferry from Denmark that’s 500euro return in winter and 900 in summer!

http://www.smyrilline.com/destinations/iceland/transport-only/with-your-car

1 Like

By the time you’ve driven to/from Denmark, it’s way cheaper to fly and rent a 4x4 there.

1 Like

Bit of a dream drive that! :+1::kissing_heart:

1 Like

I drove my Range Rover from Hampshire to the Arctic Circle in winter once! Epic trip! Cant decide whether Iceland would be more fun in the Range and heated seats (and mechanical reliability) or in a vintage 1970s Series Landy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh for real?? Wow. That IS epic man! my erm…weekend away by myself in the Yorkshire Moors in new M3 at the end of last year doesnt quite hold up to that :joy:

PS deffo the Range Rovers Heated Seats!!

2 Likes

Ah but a weekend sliding an M3 around scrabbly roads in the Moors sounds pretty ace too mate! Get the drone up and active track locked onto that baby!

2 Likes

1900002_10151947578891631_138485275_n

5 Likes

I did Winchester to Nordkapp, Norway’s most northern mainland point, in '76 - back when none of the main roads north of Trondheim were paved.
And that was in a Beach Buggy without any heating.

2 Likes

Yip thats defintiely the motor I’d want to take :point_up_2:

Thats looks great that does

Admittedly, it was a great fun. Didnt have me flippin drone at the time sadly. Wouldve made for some epic photos tho.

I do love a good road trip. Definitely need to scratch that itch.

1 Like

Is this some kind of right of passage that I’ve missed out on (so far) in my life, these trips to very cold and beautiful places?!

They do sound amazing!

3 Likes

It was - amazing!
I’d been skiing in Norway several winters, and wanted to see it when it was a little less cold.
Someone I’d met skiing there joined me for 3 weeks driving around the country.
It may have been July - but north of the Arctic Circle the tent froze solid every night - so mornings were spent drinking coffee whilst the tent (with poles removed) thawed, and eventually collapsed.
Had -15C one night in July!
A seriously beautiful country and largely unspoilt by man. Well - back in '76.

2 Likes

:point_up_2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::point_up_2:

What an adventure that was :+1: A fantastic experience that.

1 Like

Norway looks nice, but a bit too cold and damp for me ! :worried:

Maybe somewhere warm and sunny …:sunglasses:

1 Like

Theyre gorgeous them. Great find/ Both need watching on my 4k tele probably before I go to bed!!! Theyre so bloody chilled. :smiley:

Perhaps I could follow them up with a ‘FLYING OVER MABLETHORPE IN WINTER’ vid :grin:

1 Like

yes it is cold, but a different type of cold to what we are use to here in the UK.
The Cold (I have been there when it’s -25) is not a damp, miserable cold like we have.
You have to experience it to be able to describe it.