Where do you feel comfortable flying?

Haha, yeah sitting probably not a bad idea, but just being out in fields in the countryside, assume people own them. Don’t want to get caught, in trouble, etc. I’ve done the Flyer ID, not sure you need an operator ID for a Emax TH2… Is it a C0, sub 250g for sure, but has a cam (obviously), doesn’t record.

1 Like

Now that depends on what you mean with reference to recording. As I can record the display on my DJI
Goggles when I am flying my TH2FS as I can when I am flying the DJI FPV.

:thinking:

I’m sorry but you are wrong.
There are no C0 drones on the market. Is it marked as a C0 drone? No.

It’s a legacy drone

1 Like

It has a camera fitted so therefore it should be registered and have a flyer ID

The tinyhawk is sold as a toy :wink:

As you can buy it as a complete kit. RTF :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Ok I take it back. Not the TH2FS, what I said.

That’s is very good to know. I actually 3d printed a battery cover so I had somewhere to put the ID on.

:crazy_face:

Stick a few of these on the battery and your sorted. :+1:

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Hi, I have been using this:-

to check first if there are any restrictions locally, if you have the A2 CC you are 90% there, you know the basic regulations now just find a place where you want to fly… then check here with what your local authority allow, you will be surprised how little regulations, bylaws actually exist so there is nothing to stop you unless there are local restrictions, very unlikely unless you are around London. Print it out, take it with you… this means using public footpaths, council land, car parks etc, PROVIDED you keep within the drone code, your licence and common sense. No restrictions, then fly… if challenged show them the print out… search for your local council or council where you are going… that’s it… hope helps. Ta

5 Likes

It is mentioned on another thread.

Simon has completed a lot of work putting all this together. We all should embrace this information and use it when required

3 Likes

To be honest I find it more nerve racking flying at my club. The reason is other, more traditional, RC Flyers can be so judgemental, and as I’m such a delicate flower their comments can hurt.

If I’m flying anywhere other than my club site as long as I’m adhering to the regulations I’m not too fussed as to who may take issue, it’s at their peril, though my appearance usually puts most people off approaching me.

5 Likes

Nidge…
That fist para says it all. When I left the RN I was asked if I would “sign on” again. My reply was Iwould not even join a lead pipe. I have never joined ANY club (except the RN) :grinning: When I lft they asked me to sign on…my reply was I would not even join a lead pipe.
I still have not joined ANY club since then and that was 1958 :rofl:

Grey Arrows Drone Club, salutes you

2 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

awaiting your reply from Plymouth city council :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AIRAC , Ross. That first paragraph was more tongue in cheek. I have come across clubs, not just RC flying clubs, that do have a collective Better Than You attitude but it’s not quite like that with my current club. It’s true you won’t receive any sympathy from the pit area if/when you dirt nap one of your models, instead you’ll receive cheers, and if it’s a particularly impressive crash you may receive the Mexican Wave, and a free black garbage bag.

3 Likes

Thanks for this my local council has no policy on uav’s. :+1:

Good, as I said you will be surprised how many Councils have not even thought about it, never mind any rules… of course this is bound to change so make hay whilst the sun is shining… so to speak… Cheers

1 Like

Pranging a model would be no problem for me…I’m an expert… :rofl:

My council replied with a web link to the policy, but they must have moved it as the link, any idea how we get these updated?