Where to fly around Dudley, West Midlands

Dudley Priory (can get the Castle from here)
Parkhead Viaduct
Wrens Nest
Kates Hill
Darbys Hill
Portway Hill
Turners Hill
Netherton Reservoir
Stourbridge Canal
Warley Woods
Sandwell Valley
Sedgley Beacon
Badgeridge as you’ve mentioned.
Goldthorn Park

Also see what’s already on DroneScene

Please do further research before flying any of these places, especially in terms to the weight of your drone. Google Maps/Earth is your friend and ensure none encroach Wolverhampton/Halfpenny Airfield

As far as I’m aware there’s no blanket drone ban policy in parks by Dudley Council, but that could have changed.

Kinver Edge is eg NT land so officially you can’t TOAL on NT land but I have from there and no one bothered me or complained, in fact there was another person also flying a Mini 2 at the same time.

As long as you’re not flying dangerous, or hovering over people and clearly following them around then most people won’t bat an eye lid, if anything they will be inquisitive rather than unfriendly.

Use some common sense with your TOAL locations and if possible do them at quieter times, we’ve got perfect long daylight hours at the moment, you’ll get the best pictures and lighting in the golden hour before/after sunrise/sunset and as they are so early/late at the moment you’ll get great pictures and even better no other human beings ruining your shots, other than other photographers usually.

*My attitude to flying may not agree with others but I always fly sensibly and safely, making a judgement call at the time. Usually at non peak times in places where other people may go to enjoy the space so as to not interrupt their enjoyment of it too much.

Do as much research beforehand, if it’s not to far to travel to maybe even reccy for a good TOAL location and enjoy flying your drone. If you’re asked to leave, then depending on your TOAL spot, apologise and pack away or if you know it’s perfectly legal from where you took off say you’ll land as soon as you’ve finished what you’re doing.

Obviously don’t just rock up at Dudley Castle, pay to get in, and whip out your drone in the middle of the Castle, as that would just be plain stupid.