Which one is better - Mavic Pro or Mavic Air?

Mavic Pro or mavic air, who’s got or used both and which is best, more stable? Are Drones Direct a decent company to deal with?

1 Like

I have the Mavic pro and pro 2, both brilliant drones.

as for drones direct Mmm only bought fly more combo from them

2 Likes

Agree with the pro! Awesome bit of kit :ok_hand:

2 Likes

No.

They’re fucking shit.

Avoid.

And many other threads…

3 Likes

Lots of good info here:

https://www.heliguy.com/blog/2018/01/24/dji-mavic-air-vs-mavic-pro-vs-spark/

1 Like

Some cracking info Rich, Mavic Pro it is, I’ll flog the Spark later if I sell at all, keeping the P4 as it’s a proper beast and now I’ve levelled the gimbal it’s faultless plus was my 1st initiation into the world of GPS drones :grin::grin::+1:

That sounds a great idea and very similar to what I’ve just done after getting a Mavic 2 zoom for Christmas, I’d to also keep my Phantom 4 for now

1 Like

The mavic pro. Great drone, and handle winds brilliently

1 Like

+1 for Mavic Pro

1 Like

I have M2Pro and Air. Both excellent Whatever suits your purse. Never had an issue with either and I don’t detect much difference in video quality but I am no photographer so maybe not best to comment.

Have dealt with Drones Direct and have no complaints. Others have.

True of many companies when stuff goes wrong.

2 Likes

I found both to be good but in different ways, I lean more towards the MPP.
Re Drones Direct - the drone I bought from them was fine BUT I made the mistake of believing they are “Official DJI Agents” - complete bollox !! I paid £30 for them to charge batteries, pre-delivery checks etc etc etc which sounded all very good. That Huddersfield store had to order it from “their delivery agent” so it didn’t come from their site. Unfortunately they took over a week so by the time I got it DJI refused me the done care package as I was outside the 24 hours because Drones Direct had loaded all firmware etc. Neither Drones Direct or DJI even answered my emails so I told them both to fk off. Moral of the tale is buy but don’t let them open the box before delivery AND don’t fall for the “we are DJI official” bollox. After a month I got an email from DJi “We object most strongly to abusive emails” - made me LMAO.

1 Like

I’d call bullshit on that and say they "Did an @ash2020 " on you as well :pensive:

2 Likes

Picking up a Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo, unopened gift on Saturday :grin: he’s taking Spark in PX

1 Like

I wish you luck, I had murder with DD. If the drone is ok their prices are great but if you have a problem…I worry about “unwanted gifts” because that is what they told me to return my faulty drone as until I insisted that it was NOT unwanted but faulty. I got it sorted eventually but it was very stressful!

1 Like

Not using DD buddy, this one is local to me, just happens to be an ex squaddie like myself too so happy days :grin::grin::+1:

1 Like

Didn’t pick the platinum up but I have done a deal for a Mavic Pro in excellent condition in PX with my Spark and absolutely thrilled with it so far, just need to get out flying the 1st chance the weather let’s me lol