Which one should I go for?

I am now in the position to purchase my second aircraft, I purchased a used P4 to get the feel of things rather than spending ££££’s and finding out it is not for me, well I’m hooked. although the P4 is quality I would prefer something more compact.

I have a budget of around £1200 and been looking at Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic Platinum and Mavic 2 Pro just can’t decide so turning to the GA’s. My interest is going to be mainly arial photography purely amateur hobbyist and living 5 minutes from Cannock Chase that will be my main roaming ground I also have to consider the wildlife…so appreciate some input - Cheers

Hi Gary, I’ve been flying a mixture of Phantom 4 and Mavic Air for a few years. While the P4 is technically far superior on paper, I found myself grabbing the Mavic more often for its portability and ease of getting in Air. Now I have a Mavic 2 Pro and I think it’s the best drone they’ve made yet (for what I do). I do landscapes, mapping and wildlife work.

I didn’t feel the zoom added much for me, I’m used to positioning the drone closer if I need to. So I went for the pro after many hours of you tube reviews watched.

Personally I love it. If you go to SLR Hut online and use discount code (xmas15 I think) you’ll get 15% off.

I just bought the M2 Pro, fly more bag, sdcard, race goggles the lot for £1800!!!

Hope this helps!

I think I’d probably go for the Mavic 2 Pro as well.

The number of people (here) with a Pro outnumber the people with a Zoom by around 10 to 1.

1 Like

Thank you

I can probably stretch to the Pro, I am limited to Amazon tho as most of funds are tied up in gift card balance, maybe they will have some deals post Christmas, I have also watched hours of You tube video reviews but sometimes I get the impression most are sponsored even tho they say otherwise, any way my mind is now 100% made up - MP2 it will be.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you won’t be disappointed with that choice mate :slight_smile:

I’ll personally second that!, most impressed with the Mavic 2 Pro, so far.
Not been able to get the bird aloft much yet, do to work.
Camera blows anything out of the water !!.
I did yesterday get the chance of a sunny flight over the University near me, to try the camera out in RAW.

1 Like

You’ll not regret it! Its also MUCH quieter! They said that on review but I didnt take much notice, but its true!

1 Like

Can’t wait now

2 Likes

It’s Worth checking Jessops as well. They have offers too. I got my M2P for roughly £135 off when bought with care insurance and fly more pack

I’ve got more drones than one idiot should have. Have you considered the Inspire series. The Inspire 1’s are going for decent prices and while one might consider it a downgrade in technology without the collision avoidance I have two I’s, I2, and P4’s. You might look around as the rotatable gimbal and some of the settings you have one the X3, Z3, and X5 might interest you in the photography aspect of drone more than some of the more technical. I had mine for sale and removed it, seems I like spare of everything. But, it was like new with 4 batteries, Z3, and the usual stuff, for around $1,000. Just an idea.

thank you @MiMo28 and @jmp00001 for your suggestions but this is an old post from 6 months ago I eventually went for the M2Z and recently upgraded to a smart controller and at the moment impressed

Dumb of me I didn’t look at date. I figure I eventually will get M2Z as damn thing so compact and doesn’t have the signature drone look of all of mine riling up the unwashed masses lol just what I need more batteries lol good luck

1 Like

Apologies for not checking date. Anyway, I am pleased you are impressed.

1 Like