Why 5"?

DJI = Dinosaur Jurassic Insurance?

1 Like

A little info about the Vortex 285 which might help to clarify things a little.

The Vortex 285, in this world of ever changing tech, is a bit of a dinosaur now in the Freestyle/Racing world. I think it was introduced in 2015 and was the first serious PNF quad of its type. Back then it was highly spec’d, F1 based Fusion Flight controller, programmable direct from the transmitter, motor spin direction programmable by just manually spinning the motor in the wanted direction, active motor braking, and some other stuff.

Today comparing it to the Diatone model that @tom.at.rye linked to would be like comparing my Insignia Diesel to its VXR counterpart. The Factory fitted ESC’s on this Vortex are only rated at 12Amp which is less than some of the 2S pocket rockets that are around today.

My quoted 10min flight time is me flying like Miss Daisy and really babying the quad. Also taking advantage of Air Mode means I can still maintain full control at zero throttle albeit in an exponentially increasing free fall gradient.

I don’t have a Vortex250, the successor to the 285, but I do have a Thrust-UAV Riot250PRO which is near identical in specs (F4 FC, bigger motors and ESC’s, body shape and weight, etc) and that thing eats through batteries but it’s to be expected as it has been tuned to be a nut job. In fact I think my 285 would be very hard pushed to keep up with its tiny brother the Vortex 150.

Regards

Nidge.

Don’t go on the M6 ,you would not be able to reach that speed?

2 Likes

I can north of Preston. :wink::wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

Behave? Lol’s