Willington 'A' Cooling Towers, Derbyshire with first go at narrating info

Took this video of the 5 disused cooling towers at Willington whilst grabbing a photo for the RTF Industry comp.

I like to put a bit of info in videos and wanted to try an alternative to captions. My attempt to use an AI voiceover wasn’t the best so with a bit of encouragement and advice from @clinkadink (Thx Chris :clap:) I decided to use my own dulcet tones. This was my 6th and best YT attempt before going public so hope you like it!

My flight was authorised by Derby Airport as some of it was within their FRZ. Other info can be found in this DS entry by @kvetner :point_down:

Be gentle! :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Great work, Col :clap: Super smooth flight, great history, editing and narration. Well done mate :+1:

1 Like

@clinkadink Thx Chris. Wouldn’t have done it without your input and encouragement. Cheers matey. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Fantastic Colin, great video and very informative commentary - great job :clap: :clap:

This I like… a good all-round video.
Plenty of info to boot :smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1:

@smallstool Thx Hans I’m really chuffed you liked it :+1:

@Indy-Garden Cheers Charlie, much appreciated. I plan to do at least one more like this that hopefully will be done this time next week. :+1::crossed_fingers:

I must get around to flying at Willington, only a five minute drive from mine. :wink:

It’s a good open spot to fly John albeit with a busy road through the middle. My daughter lives in Hilton so I pass it too on my way to hers. The FRZ doesn’t really affect drone flights according to the Derby ATC guy as they rarely use the Southern runway and if they do they’re well above 400ft before they reach Willington. It’s good to give them the heads up though. :+1:

Cheers Col, might pop down next week ( if the weather is alright ) :wink:

I remember them well, screaming up and down the towers inside and out, I miss them dearly, mind you my bank balance doesn’t :rofl: :rofl:

Nice vid Col you’ve done the 5 sister justice :+1:t3:

Could you see where the security are sited now ???

1 Like

Thanks Nick Judging by the graffiti, the state of the fence and the number of YT vids of people mooching about I would have thought they were playing cards whilst sipping tea (or something stronger) somewhere warm. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

A great bit of work there Sir. Delightful throughout

2 Likes

Thx Mike. Much appreciated. Its amazing how what should be a blot on the landscape can actually look so aesthetically pleasing! :laughing:

Nice work! Good to have some informative narration.

Thx Ged. I’m pleased you liked the narration. Was a bit doubtful about doing it but have had positive feedback so will do another one soon. :+1: