Wiltshire Flying

My son has just got a DJI Mini 2 for his birthday and we are looking for good places to fly around Westbury, Wiltshire. There are a lot of no fly zones due to the army bases so keen to have any recommendations of where we can go? Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Crhowe1 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Morning @Crhowe1 welcome too GADC I hope you enjoy :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hello welcome to GADC. I m a tad further south than you… Fareham, and have the same issues finding practice spots before heading out for more serious work.

1 Like

Hi @Crhowe1 - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

There are loads around you where I’ve flown.

• Piquet Hill, Eddington
  • Bratton Camp & White Horse
  • Battlesbury Hillfort
  • Scratchbury Hillfort
  • Nunney Castle

And shed loads of great spots further north east around Devizes, Pewsey Downs and Avebury.

You can see all of these, and more, on Drone Scene:

1 Like

Wilton windmill?

I’m in Westbury, local fields i practice in. Field off Upton scudamore junction (nearest fuel station on A350) towards railway line. Some places in and around disused Thoulston golf course. Fields behind music shop A350. Plenty of more interesting places as already listed. Always check for NFZs etc. I always try to fly inconspicuous and walk a long distance to find a suitable site, occasionally going home without launch!

Hi all just wondering if anyone knows and where good to fly in Wiltshire?

Hi @Maximis , it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

Thanks for the message all done :+1: