Windmill, River and a lots of other things to explore - Added to Everything Else in the South East region on the map at DroneScene.co.uk

I have just added this to the UK Map of places to fly your Drone at https://dronescene.co.uk

A lots of things to explore from marked position. Easy to reach windmills, river and other places. There?s table and chairs at the marked location so everything is very comfortable for setting up you?re drone for the flight

2 Likes

Is this the car compounds at Sheerness Lapel Bank?

I think yes. Not sure how it’s called but yes it’s in Sheerness.

LOL, I currently oversee that site and the site in Portbury (Somerset), I spent 23 years working at the Sheerness site and then moved west. I brought a drone for work and we use it for situational awareness of compounds. Now I have the bug and have my own drone for recreational flights. Be careful not to fly near the prisons on the island, they might put you away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Another Vimeo user I see @goga999i - we’re a rare breed mate - we need to stick together :+1:

Thanks for the addition to the map :smiley:

1 Like

Didn’t know that there’s prison there. I always try to be careful and try not to disturb anybody, but thanks for information. Also no information from DJI about any restriction. I know they are not good at keeping users well informed.

Trying my best. Will be going to canal near Peterborough soon on Narrowboat . Expect to shoot something exciting and will definitely add to map.
What area you are flying most? I’m based in SE London so go through surrounding areas mostly.

The prisons are well away from Sheerness. Over the other side of the Isle of Sheppey.
Strangely enough there is a Microlight training school with a grass runway quite close to the prisons as well.
If you are in the area, the prison has a good cafe ( not inside) and an aeronautical museum there worth a visit.

2 Likes

Thanks for advice, will consider when next time around the area :+1: