Windows desktop man seeks iPad help please

I am a Windows man really but bought an Mini i-Pad4 to use on my Mavic Mini. Getting on quite well with things but I have started to do Screen Recording on the i-Pad because it is sometimes useful after a flight to investigate height, position, etc. etc. My question is, how do I get the file that contains the screen recording onto my desktop ? I know where it is on the i-Pad and I have connected my i-Pad to the desktop pc using the charging cable but while the pc sees the i-Pad it doesn’t find any data on it.

TIA for any assistance.

it should be stored in the gallery if its like my ipad pro.

3 Likes

You could just upload the log file to AirData where you can not only replay the flight, but also get a load of other info.

The replay doesn’t include the camera view, but you get a large of the log data as you replay the flight … including stick positions (bottom right).

3 Likes

I had a similar problem,and found that if i formatted a usb stick,on the desktop to FAT EX ,all data showed ok when transferring data to the usb on the ipad then the desktop pc read all data ok…just a thought…

1 Like

Use Dropbox… put the stuff you want on Dropbox on the iPad then install Dropbox app on windows and it will automagically be on your machine…

I use Dropbox for everything!

4 Likes

where would we be without dropbox … love it,so handy… :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I haven’t figured out how to quote answers in my replies so I will reply in the same order as comments received.

1. Thank you. Yes, I’ve already found them on the i-Pad.
  2. Thank you. Sounds very useful but I would prefer to see where the drone was at the same time as the detail.
  3. Thank you. Yes, I will try that.
  4. Thank you. Forgive my ignorance but presume that I have to install Dropbox on the i-Pad first, then load it into that, and then install DB on the pc and I will find it ? I had thought that if I uploaded the screen recording to YouTube (I would make it an unlisted video) from the i-Pad then I would be able to see it from the pc.

Thanks to all of you for your time. Is there any way that I can “quote” in future replies on this site please ?

Thank you @anon34183503 (Sorry guys, just figured out the “Quote” issue )

1 Like

You can highlight a section of text, and click on the “Quote” button that appears:

1 Like

[quote=“PingSpike, post:9, topic:12442”]
You can highlight a section of text, and click on the “Quote” button that appears:
[/quote]That’s better than what I did a moment ago. Thank you.

1 Like

You can install the drop box apps in any order you like. You could also use OneDrive or google drive

All do much of a muchness

2 Likes

That almost worked :slight_smile:

You need to type your reply on the next line down, below your quoted text :+1:t2:

1 Like

You do see it’s position. That last example may not have been clear enough.

Here’s another.

Are they any better than YouTube because I have found that for some reason the definition can be lost a bit on there ?

Thank you for that. As a newbie I am learning so much from here. Thanks to all of you.

2 Likes

Totally different use case…

Youtube is for publishing videos

Dropbox etall are file storage and transfer tools

1 Like

Give me time, I’ll get there ! :smile:

1 Like

You just did :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you. Have only ever used YT and have quite a few videos on there of one sort or another. I presume when they are in DropBox they can be downloaded for editing on my pc ? I use Cyberlink PowerDirector.

Yes, I was just showing off. :laughing: