Windows desktop man seeks iPad help please

You can make them private. :+1:

Yes, but if you just label them Private then anyone who follws your channel can see them as opposed to Public where anyone searching on the subject can see them. I prefer the Unlisted option which means that people can only view them if they have the link.

Yes thatā€™s correct

Indeed you can. Just make it an unlisted videoā€¦ almost all my videos are unlisted and marked as not for children hahaha

1 Like

Thereā€™s ā€¦

• public ā€¦ anyone sees.
  • unlisted - only people with the link see
  • private - only the account user can see when logged in.
1 Like

Donā€™t want to start an argument but Iā€™m not sure that is correct. Certainly I agree with the Public and Unlisted options but I think I have Private YT videos that can be seen by followers of my channel. I do have 3 YT channels and use them for all different subjects.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/157177?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

I find that strange because I have one video listed as Private but with 49 views. It was a legal matter dealing with some land I own and I just wanted to share it with Counsel. That was 5 years ago and yet the number of views keeps increasing.

Indeed, if that was the case then itā€™s strange.

But, normally, to share in that manner youā€™d have to make it unlisted, or else even your Counsel wouldnā€™t have been able to see it.

1 Like

That is very bizarre. I listed it as Private because I didnā€™t know about the Unlisted option then (it was 5 years ago) and yet I shared it with Counsel. Maybe YT have made the Private option what it should have been all along since I posted it but my Counsel still has the link so maybe they keep looking at it ? It was a crazy neighbourly dispute !

1 Like

Indeed - things may have changed over 5 years.

More importantly ā€¦ did you win the dispute?

1 Like

Oh yes. :grinning: But just discovered that DropBox is only free for up to 3gb. Someone has suggested that I upload the screen recording to i-Tunes ??? and then install i-Tunes on the pc and get at it like that.

1 Like

All screen recordings are saved to the iPads camera roll.

Install Google photos and have sync automatically, all your photos, videos (and screen recordings) will then be available for you to watch on any machine (and download too if you want)

iTunes is shit on the machine it is meant for, even shitter on windows :wink:

2 Likes

Got that. Thank you. So if I understand it correctly I install Google photos. on my i-Pad and also on the Win 8.1 desktop then I upload all media to Google Photos from the i-Pad and can then download them to the desktop ?

Why not use a lightning adapter / SD card adapter to take files from iPad then use the card in your PC? I use one the other way to get files from the Mavic SD card to my iPad Pro for editing.

Hope this helps.

Paul

1 Like

Now that sounds a really easy way to do what I want. Thank you. Not sure what a lightning adapter is but Iā€™ll Google it.

Yes thats about it.

Make sure Google photos is syncing your photos, then on the desktop log in and either view or download to your hearts content.

1 Like

Amazon !

1 Like

Thank you. That is very helpful. Iā€™ll find it on Amazon and buy it. But I want to see what size and capacity of card it takes.

Thank you for that advice and for your help. As they say, a bit of help is worth a lot of sympathy.

I have just been reading the Q & As on Amazon about the above and the general opinion is that this cable will only transmit one way i.e. from a card (from a camera) to an i-Pad and i-Phone. I want to do it the other way round. i.e. from the i-Pad to the card. I did actually also read that this was possible since last December. Just a bit confused now.