Wollaton Hall - Added to Everything Else in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission obtained.

You need to go to the Wollaton Hall web site and look for people too contact for permission as they have a drone policy in place.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 15/02/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

7 Likes

The policy is that only contractors commissioned by the council can fly over the Hall, which we all know they can’t enforce if we take off from a public place.

oh yh i know :slight_smile: haha

It seems to be that all the parks around Nottingham are stating no drone policies now even though the council promotes all these places with drone footage. I’m just starting out and struggling for areas to visit and thought the Wollaton would be a good start until I checked it out.

I have asked for permission via email and found them pretty approachable. I offered all products to them so I cook get experience and provided my Drone ID, etc. However, it took months (Jul to Nov), partly due to my own procrastination and them with differing people answering the emails. I ended up flying recently (Nov 23) with low sun and heavy shadows. Not perfect for photogrammetry.

I think we should all ask for permission to try and avoid the anti-drone police having more ammo to shoot us down…excuse the pun.

I’ve flown here too @Airlessmean :grin:

2 Likes