Should I buy this FPV drone for £120?

is this worth £120
says it requires a reciever soldering on the flight controller but never flown but does go the motion when a battery is plugged in and the fatshark teleporter v3 all for £120 and is it an easy fix if so if i were toget it would anyone be willing to help fix it at all ( 1st FPV drone ever )

thanks!

241267120_1065859920895227_3130560912191882306_n
Screenshot_20210914-213419_Facebook
Screenshot_20210914-213440_Facebook
Screenshot_20210914-213449_Facebook
Screenshot_20210914-213456_Facebook
Screenshot_20210914-213458_Facebook
Screenshot_20210914-213501_Facebook
Screenshot_20210914-213507_Facebook
Screenshot_20210914-213513_Facebook

I’d be sceptical if you can’t see it fly… who knows what his soldering is like…

1 Like

yea thats what im worries about dont wanna waste £120 for all of tht and the drone not fly i wouldnt even know what to look out for to know if it will work etc haha!

I wouldn’t know all my kit was new. Maybe @SirGunner will be able to help he purchased his first quad 2nd hand :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’ve purchased most new but did buy a used drone (mostly for the frame) without issue.

Does this come with a receiver that you need to solder on or is it the used equivalent to a plug-and-play drone?

Also, where are you buying it from? if its eBay you would have some protection if it didn’t work.
Seem’s like its worth a punt to me

Haha. Maybe I should have asked for advice before buying dodgy second-hand kit on ebay, too. :grin:

Looks like we might be in the same boat. Surely the goggles are almost worth that on their own?

Good luck, if you go for it. I know they guys on here will always help as best they can. :heart_eyes:

buying it from someone local from FB market he says this is whatt needs soldering? said i can hav e both
and i dont have a controller either so couldnt test it,

its just the daitone R349 qaud and fatshark teleporter V3

It also says sold as spares so I’d guess it isn’t going to fly anyways…

he says he doesnt know what he is doing thats the reason for the sale ( but then again anyone can say that )

I would be very wary of anything that states ‘sold as spares’ as this straight away is a get out of jail free card for the seller. I did buy my first quad second hand from ebay but it was sold as ‘built and tested’ . I suspect it was ‘tested’ a little more than was implied lol I had issues with 2 motors which I changed. To be honest it’s a gamble if you can’t test it. I chose to take a punt and it worked out ok but you have to know its a punt before you do it

2 Likes

The goggles look pretty old after doing a bit of googling can’t see them being much good to be honest maybe watch some YouTube videos of reviews.

1 Like

This is also an easy way to say “I won’t be helping you when it doesn’t work”

1 Like

forget that - sold as spares is a huge redflag to me.

Also having no controller means you will be throwing more money at it to see if it will work.

3 Likes

Yep it’s a No from me :+1:t2:

3 Likes

It’s the universal term for “does not work” :man_shrugging:t2:

I use it myself when selling stuff that doesn’t work.

2 Likes

When I bought mine from ebay I didn’t buy from a random seller that ‘doesn’t know what he’s doing’ I found a seller that was a regular seller of fpv gear with really good seller ratings and reviews. It was cheaper than buying new but not too cheap to be anygood if that makes sense. I agree with the others, remember it’s not a bargain if it doesn’t work, you’re not saving money you’re spending extra money and getting nothing for it

yea thats why im asking before i go ahead and rush and waste £120 haha

1 Like

Just found this

Was £115 brand new and fully working from Unmannedtech (obviously not available now)

1 Like

yea saw that ill probs leave it and look around more

1 Like

Probably wise :+1:t2: