Yes I’m new. Not got my drone yet

I am getting a drone. A starter drone. One with least restrictions so I don’t get caught with my pants down. I have done LOADS of research and am thinking the DJI Mini 2 extended package is for me. I live in Oxfordshire and am surrounded by military bases and have already noticed on the drone map restrictions can change daily. I look forward to flying safely, mostly in rural spaces and honing my photo/video skills.

Hi @SteveD and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Steve and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hi Steve - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi @milkmanchris thanks for the welcome. I’ve stuck my pin in the map and about to order my drone. I’ve been watching DJI Mini 2 footage and comparing to the Mini 3, I’m not sure which way to go, I think the Mini 3 has too few advantages for the extra price.

Welcome Steve
I joined GADC before I got a drone and found lots of really useful info.
DroneScene is also great.

2 Likes

Its a very nice bit of kit, but the Costco deal on at the moment for half the money of a 3 is very tempting

https://www.costco.co.uk/TVs-Electronics-Security/Cameras-Camcorders/Drones/c/cos_1.3.10

@SteveD Hi Steve welcome to the club. Mini 2 is a great bit of kit i have one and am very happy with.

1 Like

Hi @SteveD and welcome to the forum.
Unless you’re seriously into your photography and having to have the latest tech I’d stick with the mini2 as well. It takes cracking photos and video, you just have to look in this forum to see some of the stuff these guys create with it. If you’re feeling flush then of course go for the 3 but there are some cracking deals for mini2 just now. Even have a look in our own for sale section, there have been some very tempting offers in there lately, all the early adopters upscaling :wink:

2 Likes

Just been looking at the deal, it’s very good thank you @milkmanchris

Thanks @mynameisjoe i’m picking up info left right and centre. I’m so glad I joined. I will look at the for sale section. :grinning:

Welcome to the GADC Steve. I got a Mini 2 from Amazon on one of their black Friday deals, just after the Mini 3 came out. It is a fantastic drone for the money, and easy to fly. I’m not really into video, and use it mainly for photography, but then enjoy the flying as well. I have a Mavic Pro, which hardly ever got used, thanks to so many restrictions, but I am always flying the Mini 2.
You will not regret it.