Yet another dog on the beach video :(

Dogzilla met her best buddy Buddy on our government approved exercise today. And spent most of the walk squabbling apart from these few moments:

7 Likes

Big question is… Did they find anything down that hole? :grinning:

That big fella sure had his snout on something for sure - I reckon that big crab was digging down just as fast !! :joy:

2 Likes

@SeaHunter, @silverfox682: Dogzilla digs. No real purpose but she does find stones, flicks them out of the hole and then digs around them, causing them to fall back in the sand. That process gets repeated util I get bored and walk away. Eventually she follows. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please be very careful if you’re dog starts digging in sand. We nearly lost our Fox Red, Charlie. He was digging in loose sand on the beach. During the night he started crying and was obviously in pain. took him to the vets and there is a small pocket near the stomach which had filled up with sand and was solid. Took a £600 operation to remove it.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, it must have been a very worrying time for you. Madde (Dogzilla) has always dug, sand. shingle, garden or carpet. I got her when she was ten months old. Suddenly, one Saturday afternoon I was a doig owner again. We decided to go for a walk and, as soon as we got to the mainly shingle beach by the lifeboat station I let her off the lead. She immediately ran toward the sea, fell over and rolled on her back. Epileptic dog? No, just the fun of rolling on a shingle surface. She then ran into the sea, paddled, came out, shook herself and began digging a trap for the lifeboat.

And that has set the tone of every beach walk since. Run and roll as soon as she is released, into the water, back out and dig, So far she has seemed to be sensible enough not to eat sand but, given your timely warning I’ll be monitoring her health even more closely from now on.

I hope Charlie is fully recovered, he looks like just the jkind of dog Maddie would love to play chase with :slight_smile:

1 Like

One other thing we also found. When he’s running in the salt water, with his mouth open, he let’s us know on the way back to the car as he seems to vacate the contents of his stomach from both the front and the back ends!!!

1 Like

:rofl:

Something local dog owners are used to, although it tends to be rear end only in most cases. I should carry a sponge as well as a shit-bag (another affectionate term for Dogzilla!)

1 Like