YouTube and Mavic 3 videos 5.1k - 4k

Hard to tell but think it was clearer to do a rivet count lol.Zoom in to the photo.
you can see the difference in both stills the clarity sticks out like a sore thumb

See attached photo

here is the spec of my desktop its not the best but i am impressed with it.

amd ryzen 7 3800x cpu

samsung ssd 970 evo plus 500gb hd x2

32gb ddr4 corsair

b550 gaming x v2 mb

CPU-Z Benchmark (x64 - 2017.1)

Best CPU performance - 64-bit - August 2022
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (1T)

Single thread 522

PS i have a compared to what i have a poor graphics card, but i grudge paying Ā£400 + for a better one lol

Njoro where is it you live? if i go out with the drone and do a dlog flight i could stick a copy on a stick and post it to you .

Or use google drive ?

1 Like

milkman does google drive have a file size limit ? as an average size of video is 3gb+

ive just checked think its 15gb . if someone wants a raw copy of a video i have posted look on my youtube (jaybee2786) and i am likey to have a copy majority are likely to be 4k and (normal) ie not dlog

1 Like

right at the moment i am uploading 2 x 5.1k videos taken this year at Mull, anyone wanting a copy to try out in editing let me know and i will give you the link

If u need the space let me know Iā€™ll host it on mine (unlimited)

1 Like

many thanks will be ok , dont think many folk who are not interested in video editing will be wanting a copy. but i need to remember and do a dlog copy and upload that.
Colour correction is not my thing dont think i would be very good at it so dont bother thats why i use Normal on the drone.

thats two videos uploaded into google drive anyone want a copy just let me know

Excellent, Iā€™ve just got in, havenā€™t yet played it on telly but I expect it to be top class of the portable SSD.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in Northants, tell you what why donā€™t we experiment by posting a 32G SD card with as much as you can get on it. Take some really good footage that youā€™d like to keep, Iā€™ll crunch it then post it back to youā€¦.:thinking:

The one thing Iā€™d ask is to get a A4 or next size up sized artist canvas board which youā€™ll need to have shot facing the sun at the beginning of your clip or clips taken within 1-2 hours of each other.

Iā€™m late getting to this thread but just wanting to congratulate @jaybee on managing to shoot his Iona film on one of those rare days on the island where the clouds are set in for the day and everything is dark and mysterious; perfectly suits the mood of the Abbey. Most people go there just to work on their tanā€¦

Also, this is one of the very few occasions where I havenā€™t had to put the mute on the computer when watching folksā€™ drone footage. The music is perfectly appropriate, supports the ā€œfeelā€, and enhances the experience.

1 Like

Once I did the flight the clouds moved and I got sunburnt ,then jumped back on the ferry and the wind and rain came back with a vengeance lol

Eh no thanks was just offering you some video to practice editing on . Why do you want a screen ?

Hereā€™s the build, may updated to a 3080Ti / Nvme plce Gen4ā€¦:thinking:

https://greyarro.ws/t/my-venture-into-video-editing-pc-build/15924

1 Like

very good impressed

No worries, I too was just offering to crunch a D-Log for you, I have no other intention for it, the White Canvas is filmed within the clip, just for White Balance. An SD card would be straight footage unadulterated also cheaper to post than a stick as youā€™d suggestedā€¦.

Although not 5K, I do have lots of D-Log footage to practice on from my Inspire 2 X5S camera, itā€™s all part of learning. Thanks for letting me play with you clip though.

1 Like

I have uploaded 2x 5.1k video to Google drive if you want one to work on . I get the screen colour grading .

Thank you for your post

I posted this link on my Facebook via my mobile and it showed it could be play at 5k ,itā€™s a youtube link (Wrecks of fishing boats near Salen, Isle of Mull, Scotland Mavic 3 - YouTube) but if I went direct to youtube via my mobile it would only allow 4k.
Post the above link on to Facebook and see.

Not many facefook users around these parts