Zanger anti-drone security system

A thread to discuss the Zanger anti-drone system.

Wonders how many pre orders they get, apart from mine…,…

https://prelaunch.com/projects/zanger-next-generation-anti-drone-home-security-system?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Paid&utm_campaign=zanger%2FSecurityalarm%2FAn&utm_content=ang1+vis3&fbclid=IwAR01pokQcH2UDDEKcBUxLUYn6zqCeBAFKrytH1z5W0xHXUicVfLqMlXYm1A

I would say highly illegal in the UK

especially the electric shock intruder alert sensor :joy:

1 Like

2 Likes

Hi there! Before you post, have you selected the most appropriate category for your new topic? :thinking:

https://prelaunch.com/projects/zanger-next-generation-anti-drone-home-security-system?fbclid=IwAR2UL1UijOCcFrvMJgELgrpRjMJyoX0pAyR1Kq2WOGfMd6qf8XfOg6yChCM

Just come across this link is it legal in UK,if it interferes with the legal operation of a drone. :thinking:

I doubt, it, to interfere with the drone signal, the signal from their box of tricks would have to be very strong and way beyond the legal RF radiated level at the frequencies most drones use, OFCOM are very strict on frequency use and RF power levels, drone frequencies are allowed because it was initially for WiFi with no licence requirement but a quite low transmission power level, outside that you need a licence, very hard to get.

1 Like

Well it won’t be legal in the USA anyway for domestic use as to block the signal it’ll need to broadcast at power levels above FCC allowable limits. Government users could potentially apply for permission with a decent chance of receiving such permission, commercial users yeah not going to happen IMHO.

Interestingly “the patent” isn’t a filed application or granted patent but a pre-application patent number (which expired last year).

2 Likes

Is this company run by adults? It’s the sort of alarm system a child would like for a treehouse!
“My special alarm doesn’t recognise you so there!!! Then, when your friend flies his drone over your tree you zanger him and it goes into an uncontrolled descent …

1 Like