Aberdour / Inchcolm Island - Added to Coastal Scenery in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 584

Land owner permission obtained.

Parking is extremely limited at the bottom but there is a large carpark at the top of a very steep hill.

I bumped into the owner of the ‘Room With a View’ Hotel and asked for permission to fly. He had no issues but technically you wouldn’t need to ask… but as he was there it was easy enough to do so. I happened to be there in their off-season so they wer actually closed, so my advice is check before you fly as it could be busy. Also, just around the headland are two warning triangles for beacons - these, from my visit, appeared inactive / unloved so may not cause any issues but best to be aware.

The originator declared that this location was not in a flight restriction zone at the time of being flown. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying the same location.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, headed down there today based on your entry and beautiful place for a flight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad someone else enjoyed the location as well. I was in a bit of a rush that day trying to get around as many things as possible.

1 Like