Balmer Lawn Hotel & Spa - Added to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Balmer Lawn Hotel & Spa - Built originally in the mid 1800's as a hunting lodge, the Balmer Lawn is a classic Country House Hotel set in the very heart of the New Forest National Park. Undoubtedly one of the most iconic buildings in the area.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 12/02/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Nice video, just be careful inside the NPA territory… Byelaws!

I was just going to say that I thought Drones were not allowed in the new forest so we need to be careful recommending these locations to others via drone scene. Obviously as individuals we can make our own choices

David

Indeed David, I contacted the Foresty Commission last year on this very subject. See the response in the below link :

https://greyarro.ws/t/new-forest-national-park/57977

Happy for it to be removed from the site. :+1:

I’ve no issue with it … Just a friendly heads up to a fellow drone head to prevent any issues :slightly_smiling_face:

I totally understand fella :+1: and thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

I want to fly here @StunningDrone, have you got any other tips or advice?

I guess read the comments on this thread and take note of the issues flying in the new forest. You can contact the forestry commission for permission. Sorry, but not much I can add to the thread.

2 Likes

Thanks. Turns out that comment was auto posted when I added something to my “to do” list.

In the new forest for two days and was hoping to get some flight time. Between the no fly areas and the high winds, it doesn’t look massively likely :sob: