Beaulieu River - Added to Rivers and Canals in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

There's a small observation platform where the pin is, accessed by one of the loop paths of the Solent way foot path. The nearest parking is available at the Bucklers Hard area or Beaulieu village ( ~1.5 miles away ).

The river snakes its way past Bucklers Hard boat yard, museum and hotel on its way to the Solent, the Isle of Wight can be see in the distance.

There are just as good views and photo opportunities looking up the river towards Beaulieu

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 06/02/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes

Great shot and I’m not living a couple of miles away.

But word of caution for anyone wanting to visit the same location… That’s on Beaulieu Estate Property so a courtesy call to obtain permission would be advisable.

Under National Park Rules which ban most hobbyist drone flying under byelaws, you can however TOAL from private property within the NPA perambulation boundary but you must have the landowners permission to do so.

Thanks for this update

What is the byelaw penalty?

No idea but the Friends of the New Forest Association are on a crusade to highlight a number of byelaw breaches including drone flying with the Foresty Commission and others. I believe New Forest District Council have also started a Public Space Protection Order consultation in regards to the New Forest but it’s crown land so not sure how they are getting around that one?