Black Barns Nr Royston - Added to Everything Else in East of England

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 617

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Park at the top of the footpath by the black barns.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 24/06/2019. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @PlatinumCharlie :smiley:

Thanks Charles I’m in Stevenage so good to know if somewhere else to fly👌

I went looking for this on Monday and I turned up at Black barns shop near Royston looks similar to the picture but not set in fields but has lots of fields next to it and guess what the guy I asked for directions was the landowner and I asked if it was ok to fly my drone and guess what his answer was :scream:NOPE

How interesting. Just to confirm my barns are at ///beaten.flaunting.baker if you use What3Words.
Is this where you were?
Charles

And it is the top of a Public Footpath.

Hi Charles I would say no and I’m still not sure how I find your barns! What’s ///Beaton.flaunting.baker
And whats3words? Have you got post code of your barns? I googled black barns near Royston and all I got back was Black Barns shop. Never went on so don’t know what they sell but it’s in a street.

Great app ;o)

Sorry thought what3words was generally known about. It identifies a 3meter square location anywhere in the world and is used by the emergency services amongst others. Largely replaces a Grid Reference.
Google it!
Charles

1 Like

Never heard of it Charles tried for short time having downloaded it and gave up my brain was frazzled after a stressful week so may give it a go at weekend or

Sorry to hear that. The barn is here!

Thanks Charles I can work with old tech lol we should meet up sometime

1 Like

Is that the barn you were ‘nope’ at? Lets meet when back to normal.

I don’t think it is but will try and get up there this week check it out thanks Mate much appreciated

Hi Charles went to your site today had a good fly around. I see that it is a black barn, I stupidly took it that was it’s true name so googled Black Barns near Royston and got what it says on the tin and not this one :see_no_evil::man_shrugging::joy:this is a good place for practice

:grin::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Glad you found it. Gives space and also buildings you can practice the various intelligent modes on. Hope there were some good Poppy shots. Have a good weekend.
Charles