Blagdon Lake - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Blagdon Lake lies in a valley at the northern edge of the Mendip Hills, close to the village of Blagdon and approximately 10 miles (16 km) south of Bristol, England. The lake was created by Bristol Water (Bristol Waterworks Company as it was known then), when it dammed the River Yeo, starting construction in 1898, to designs by Charles Hawksley, and completing this in 1905. The Wrington Vale Light Railway was constructed primarily to bring building materials for the lake.

On the edge of SSI, plenty of birds around the lake, so one to be mindful of.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 04/05/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

2 Likes

I want to fly here @richrab, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

Colin, I parked and took off all from the point I pinned on the map.
I have added these markers to the map on Drone scene.

thanks for that, im only in chew stoke, but havent been to blagdon for a few years, i can only remember the long straight road, so will have a go from your marker, im not working, but have to go to bath every day, and locksbrook cemetery is a good TOAL spot for some good views of all the construction going on, and then on the way back, pop in to chew valley lake, got the mini 3 pro, mini 4 pro, air 3 and classic 3, was undecided on the avata 2, but after watching your video, and what you managed on the first flight, i think i will get it, but just waiting for argos to get them in stock again.