Castlecraig, Cromarty Forth, Invernesshire - Added to Castles and Fortifications in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Castlecraig, Black Isle, Invernesshire - Easter 2023

This was the second 'flying' stop on our trip north, the ruins of the Tower house on the shores of the Cromarty Forth. Thankfully we had amazing weather, glorious blue skies and little wind, which made it fairly easy to capture, although I was wary of the trees, especially when flying from up the hill - maintaining VLOS to stay within the drone code.

There is parking near where I haev pinned, and a track leads 3/4 of a mile down to the tower house, or walk aong the road until you pass the trees and you have good VLOS, you can TOAL from the track and fly to the castle quite easily. Watch out for the trees surrounding the castle though… Alternatively walk down to the castle and fly from closer in, which would perhaps allow you to capture more of the inside by flying a bit closer…

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 07/04/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

One more location for your Gold Pin Seeker Badge :+1:

2 Likes

One more to be posted later today… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Done… Now to get the Platinum Badge… Another upload tomorrow morning, one more possible from the ootage over Easter, and then Saturday is a week in the Highlands, hope the weather allows me to capture those things I have planned - could be well on my way to Platinum soon…
]

The system should issue your Gold badge during the wee hours overnight.

1 Like

Cool… I shall keep it shiney!

1 Like