Castlerigg, Keswick - Added to English Heritage in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Stone circle is on National Trust land so park just outside and fly from there

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 09/01/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Fantastic composition!

There is parking for cars just across from the gate where you enter the field with the stone circle. Only advice

• the actual field is English Heritage which, I think, is like National trust and doesn’t allow flying from their land. Take off from the car!

-try different directions to shoot. You can get Blencathra in the background or High Rigg in the other direction. It depends on the sun direction. Snow is nice on the hills (always)

-it gets quite busy. I like to shoot early morning or late afternoon when the light is better and shadows are long. I also use my Sony A7R5 Mirrorless for shooting if you are into non drone photography . Out of busy hours is also better to avoid annoying people. I have been there many times and ask people if they are ok with drones even though they can’t stop you. Invariably they get interested in what you are doing and what shots you get!

Any more advice let me know

Thanks. I mainly shoot with my camera and have been using drone for a yesr or more. Still getting used to having 3 dimensions to shoot from!

Thanks for adding some additional markers @RoyWhite :smiley: