Chillington Hall & Estate, Wolverhampton - Added to Historic Buildings in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission obtained.

Chillington Hall is a Georgian country house near Brewood, Staffordshire, four miles northwest of Wolverhampton.The Grade I listed house was designed by Francis Smith in 1724 and John Soane in 1785. The park and lake were landscaped by Capability Brown.

The house is the residence of the Giffard family and is only open to the public during specific events or tour open days so see their website below for details. I filmed there a few times and TOAL/Parked at different locations (see marker points), but most of my footage was taken during one of the tours. Parking on tour days is directly in front of the hall. The tour guide was happy for me to film inside and use my drone, with caveats outside (avoid the windows and the family areas around the back of the building if they are in residence).

There is no cafe as such there, but they do cakes and teas and tiolets are readily available.

Most Satellite Navigation devices will bring you to their correct gate using postcode WV8 1RE . On some occasions they will ask for a road name - In which case use Port Lane or Foxes Lane.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 28/08/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes

Excellent video Colin and a nice history lesson. We’re lucky here in the UK to have such gems :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

@JockyB Thanks John, glad you liked it. I found the place really refreshing, open and the tour was great. The only regret was we didn’t walk to ‘The Pool’ (a C.B created lake) from the house, because I thought we could gain access from a public path, but was later frustrated to find my OS Map reading was as good as I thought!! Hence I took off miles from the lake to get some contextual aerial views for the vid.

The table that said do not touch …. Was you tempted :grin:

1 Like

@Kirky Haha. It was a piano Rich, and I had a tinkle… a bit later on as drunk too much. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Oh dear
Back to the Opticions :nerd_face:

1 Like