Coltsford Mill Fishery, OXTED - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Cotswold Mill Fishery, Oxted, Surrey RH8 9DG

I arrived there unannounced, on a day when fishing was temporarily suspended due to a private function that they were having in the houses beyond the lakes.

As I parked my car by the entrance, a gentleman on a quad bike with a small trailer told me there was no fishing today, I said actually I didn’t come for the fishing, but I asked instead if I could fly my drone, I told him I was CAA licenced and had BMFA liability insurance. He said well I am not the owner but the curator of the site and the facilities and I don’t have a problem with you flying your drone over the lakes as long as you keep this side of that border where there is a football training ground which is not their land and therefore no permission to fly on their neighbours land.

I said I will keep to that line and he carried on back to his quarters on that quad bike.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 01/10/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

Thanks for adding to the map @Badly_Drone_Boy

It’d be great if you could add a detailed description in the box please, letting people know why they should fly here and any other useful information about the location.

Ok I would add but there really is not a lot to say, when I arrived there I saw a sign saying fishery is closed today, and the curator appeared on a quad bike wondering what I was doing on a day when the fishing was temporary closed, I told him I had no desire to fish but I asked him if it was ok to fly a drone, I told him about my insurance and CAA credentials, he said he was not the owner, but the site curator and he was happy for me to fly and told me just make sure to keep it away from the nearby football pitches as that is not their land. Other than that he thanked me for asking permission first and I thanked him and off he went on his quad bike again.

1 Like

Here’s a short video of the place

Maybe something like this :point_up_2:

Fine but it seems I cannot longer edit the post and add that content into the box, maybe a clever moderator can do that for me.

Francesco @Badly_Drone_Boy

Add it here and I will edit it for you

Thanks

Coltswold Mill Fishery, Oxted, Surrey RH8 9DG

I arrived there unannounced, on a day when fishing was temporarly suspended due to a private function that they were having in the houses beyond the lakes.

As I parked my car by the entrance, what 3 words: remedy.decay.deeply a gentleman on a quad bike with a small trailer told me there was no fishing today, I said actually I didn’t come for the fishing, but I asked instead if I could fly my drone, I told him I was CAA licenced and had BMFA liability insurance. He said well I am not the owner but the curator of the site and the facilities and I don’t have a problem with you flying your drone over the lakes as long as you keep this side of that border where there is a football training ground which is not their land and therefore no permission to fly on their neighbours land.

I said I will keep to that line and he carried on back to his quarters on that quad bike.

Thanks for taking the time to add this, I have updated the location