Daw Mill Colliery, Arley, Coventry - Added to Everything Else in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The old Daw Mill Colliery in Arley, not much left of the old colliery now, parking at the old main entrance is easily found, used to be more there but the last time i went i took this video, if you search my videos you will see an earlier flight with my old Mavic Pro where there were some buildings left

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 09/02/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Awesome vid. Have wanted to fly here loads of times over the years but never been brave enough as I have always worried about losing the drone on the other side of the gates / fence from where you TOAL

Guess that’s where the thrill of flying here is.

Awesome stuff as always mate.

Just walk through the gates, plenty of places as dog walkers are always on there, there is/was derelic house also in the bushes next to the road, but may been knocked down now

1 Like

Last time I visited was before the pandemic and I only looked at the gates and they were well locked and I was not keen on a climb haha I am sure there might have been access elsewhere but mmm now I know dog walkers are using it I am sure a visit soon will be needed before it’s developed.

Pity all the interesting stuff is all gone as it would be a FPV haven for sure.

IIRC just to left of the main gates is where you get through, it would have been good with a FPV, im toying on the idea if to buy FPV do really want one to try out

1 Like

Would love to have a go with an fpv too or have a ride along on one. It’s just a pain that you need a spotter for it - I would not feel safe without one to be honest. But man that jet fighter flying must be addictive