Denbigh Asylum Ruins - Added to Historic Buildings in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Flew here today after much research, no actual access to site as is actively protected by security guards hiding in building wearing kharki, combat clothing was reported on other sites this their attitude to combat trespass. My drone did draw two guards out of cover whilst hovering above incredible old building in poor disrepute.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 06/05/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

I’ve been in there @Dren adrian ( whilst abandoned ) 🫨
Have a couple of videos & pictures somewhere,
Wasn’t in to droning then just up that way for a few days, it’s very Erie in there !

after much research found it mention on urbex site its guarded by blokes walking around in combat gear, very hostile to people, so opting to use drone , with hovering above them they suddenly appeared from one of the buildings and watched it fly back to my location, i waved back and i think their reply wasnt a happy one :rofl:

2 Likes

There was no one there when I went about 5 year ago, I found a hole in the fence so was rude not to go exploring :sweat_smile:

Red and blue arrows show one guard hidden out of sight

1 Like

I shan’t ruin your topic by posting but if you put in Denbigh on here your see a thread I created a couple of years ago, my 2 videos are missing from YouTube, I’ll have to reinstate them there’s a couple of pictures to.

1 Like

I see construction has started, heard a couple of stories of one saying redeveloped into apartments :man_running:t2::dash::dash:
The other saying about it being knocked down & houses or flats being built there ! I’d still run :smile:

1 Like