Erith Pier - Added to Rivers and Canals in London

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Erith Pier is the longest pier on the River Thames in London. Originally used for shipping it is now used for leisure and fishing activities. Good views along the river I parked in the Morrisons car park, free for 3 hours. Good views along the river.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 14/04/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

9 Likes

Wow, that’s a blast from the past - thanks for sharing! I used to live in Northumberland Heath which is not far from Erith and as kids we used to come down to Erith and mess around on the old wooden pier shown in the background of your photo. I remember once going to the end of the pier (we were probably only 10 years old back then) and we saw kids about the same age as us swimming off the end of the pier in the Thames :scream_cat: even then I couldn’t believe it, so many strong currents, submerged objects and probably diseases :frowning: I moved out of the area, but am really pleased to see Erith has been devleoped and tidied up. I shall pop along with my family at some point and walk the pier - thanks again!