Guildford Castle - Added to Castles and Fortifications in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

As this is at town center, parking spaces nearby are available I believe only on paid spots.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 07/03/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Nice, I know it well.
Any more pics of it?

Can you add the parking and TOAL markers to the DS post?

This would be very helpful, thanks

1 Like

Hi Ben! I had little time to download my imagens but I’ll upload more as soon as possible - tks!

@SparkyFPV I’ve added my TOAL, but I didn’t used a car to go there. Anyway, saw some parking spots on the street nearby at Pewley Hill and there is also a car park thtga charges £ 3,60 ofr the first 3 hours

1 Like

Perfect :+1: thank you

1 Like

@Ben.B Had to retake the video today as I stupidly messed up when recording.

2 Likes

If someone is interested, made a very slow circle around the castle, but didn’t had time to color grade it:

2 Likes

Great video. I flew there the other day, but my TOAL spot was in my brother’s garden!

1 Like

Nice work

1 Like

I’ve been to Guildford many time but never knew there was a castle there. Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @fernando.maciel :slightly_smiling_face:
The cost (currently - 06/08/24 is £4.00 for 3 hours) and only ~ 10mins walk to the TOAL

3 Likes

Nice to know people are still filming this. I did it around 10 years ago with an old Flamewheel build, but haven’t been back since. Maybe I should ?! Bet I’ve already missed the best of the Summer gardens though, which is the real highlight there. Personally I think the castle itself is fairly crap as castles go, but I’m not complaining in that it is at least one of the few we have round here that we are not banned from filming !

I post my video here only for its notable contrast with the recent ones about the levels of technology going on ! I remember when 720P was top-end ! And I notice back in the day there was ZERO drone hostility, and everyone there was positively delighted by and in awe of it ! Oh how times would change…

2 Likes

Hi @AeroJ - well, for me - as a foreign - was a delight to be in a city/country with so many interesting new things to see and record… Guildford and Guildford’s Castle will have a special place in my heart for several reasons and I really appreciate your video. Hope you have an opportunity to take another go around it, and tyr to see it with new eyes… I’d recommend going early in the morning as there isn’t much people around to bug you :wink:
Best regards!

1 Like

Thanks Guys. Being local don’t understand why i haven’t captured imagery here before. I did all my checks etc and was, i guess in a way lucky. The weather ( intermittently drizzly ) wasn’t perfect for flying. However, not a soul around! :blush:. Managed to get a good video and some shots. 10mins and i was done.

1 Like