Jumbles Quarry Forest of Bowland - Added to Everything Else in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Small parking area: ///fooling.lecturers.video

Crane located here: ///dignify.foreheads.firework

If you fancy a trek to the quarry you can do so, I flew from the parking area to the quarry.

The Smiths of Rodley steam crane at Jumbles Quarry, Lancashire, was used to load trains of eight to ten wagons on a steam hauled three foot narrow gauge railway. This transported agregate and facing stone four and a half miles to the Stocks reservoir construction site, in the 1920s.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 10/09/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

I’ve flown here too @markas :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve flown here too @markas :grin:

I found it by mistake and didn’t get some shots of the Steam loader, I am going back as soon as the weather improves.
what highlighted it to me was the rail tracks in the stream once i got home and reviewed my footage.

I don’t think I noticed them, I saw the place on a Youtube video which prompted me to go and find it.

It’s been on my list of places I want to fly, after seeing a YT video about it by Martin Zero

2.23 in the video centre of the screen.

I believe it was his video I saw :+1:

1 Like

I missed them completely, it was because I had the steam crane in my mind so concentrated on that. I might have another visit when it’s better weather and follow them up, looks like they’d take you virtually to the crane.

1 Like