Lealt Falls - Added to Rivers and Canals in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

The once well hidden double waterfall of Lealt, now with car parking and viewing platform, making it very busy on a sunny late October autumn day, but a short wait was rewarded with some great footage.

It would be good to go back when the sun illuminated the glen / valley, and when there were less people around, in order to get the drone closer in to the falls, but given the circmstance I am happy with what we have managed to capture, perhaps June next year will afford us another chanceā€¦

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 23/10/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

I want to fly here @AlbionDrones, have you got any other tips or advice?

1 Like

Short walk from a busy car park, I believe people swim in the top pool, so watch your separation - depending on the drone you are flying.

Lots of trees and the viewing platform makes it difficult to know how close you are, especially if you do a backwards fly away like I did, so be carefulā€¦

Again not sure of any drone restrictions in summer, will confir on our next trip in Juneā€¦

1 Like