Loch Faskally - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Loch Faskally is just north of Pitlochry by the River Tummell and like just about anywhere in Perthshire, looks absolutely stunning in autumn.
Land owner permission is not required as the north side of the loch is Forestry & Land Scotland property who allow drone flying for personal and recreational use - Permissions and permits - Forestry and Land Scotland

There is plenty of parking along the forest road just off the B8019.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 15/10/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes

I hope it’s a calm as that when I’m over in February. When I was over in August I got a few photos but it was pouring rain and blowing a gale so no drone. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yesterday morning was just about perfect, great light and no wind. The only movement in the water was on the far side were the river Tummell flows in and out of the loch, there was a strong current.

1 Like

Nice John great shots breath taking

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @Drumsagard :grin:

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @Drumsagard :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @Drumsagard :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes