Media City, Salford - Added to Bridges in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

I flew from a bench on the south side of the Manchester Ship Canal. There are plenty of interesting bridges and modern buildings to photograph here, including The Lowry and the Imperial War Museum North.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 31/05/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

7 Likes

Stunning photo @kvetner :star_struck:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @kvetner :grin:

2 Likes

@AlbionDrones great video. I am heading to Media City at some point over the weekend with the family and Mr Drone was going to join me. I have checked the Media City website about drone usage and seems pretty strict, how was your experience when you visited there? Thanks

Thanks Tom, we went earlyish on a Sunday morning, and flew at about 100pm, from the other side of the canal - near the bridge to the Lowry from the IWM North…

We had no issues with anyone nor with any signage saying we couldn’t fly - and there are no FRZ covering the area, as long as you dont go to far away…

Hope this helps…

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the reply, I will try and capture some footage and photos tomorrow :slight_smile: Have a great evening!

1 Like

Same, flew from the south side, where there are several handy benches, and nobody bothered me at all.

1 Like

No worries, enjoy the trip, hope to see you at one of the NW Meets at some point :slight_smile:

1 Like

If only there was a way to add Take Off And Landing markers on each location :blush:

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @kvetner :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @kvetner :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @kvetner :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve flown here too @kvetner :grin:

2 Likes