National Trust's Erddig Hall, Wrexham - Added to National Trust in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Erddig Hall is a Grade-I listed National Trust property in Wrexham, Wales. Standing 2 miles (3.2 km) south of Wrexham city centre, it comprises a country house built during the 17th and 18th centuries amidst a 1,900 acre estate, which includes a 1,200-acre landscaped pleasure park and the earthworks of a Norman motte-and-bailey castle.

Erddig has been described as 'the most evocative Upstairs Downstairs house in Britain due to the well-rounded view it presents of the lifestyles of all of its occupants, both family and staff. The eccentric Yorke family had an unusual relationship with their staff and celebrated their servants in a large and unique collection of portraits and poems. This collection, coupled with well-preserved servants' rooms and an authentic laundry, bakehouse, sawmill, and smithy, provide an insight into how 18th to 20th century servants lived.

The state rooms contain fine furniture, textiles and wallpapers and the fully restored walled garden is one of the most important surviving 18th century gardens in Britain. [Source: Wikipedia]

I visited Erddig Hall mid week (it's much quieter than the weekend) before I took the video and parked in their carpark. The public path I TOAL from was to the far East of the carpark and there is a gap conveniently at the in the hedgerow to access it. I had a spotter too so VLOS was easier.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 26/05/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes