New DJI Drone for me - Now arrived

To be honest I do actually read manuals, for everything I buy. And yes I mean everything.
But if it’s youtube you want? Start Here I doubt you’ll find much better than Ian’s videos

2 Likes

I would have in the past but with age and manuals writing getting smaller, I get abloody headache trying :nerd_face::disguised_face: commonsense or YouTube videos and if I definitely need the manual I will download so I can expand,

1 Like

@Kirky @mynameisjoe @AverageImages Thanks for the tip guys, I like the manual to look things up and get generally acquainted with the things, after owning an HS everything is different. I have watched a lot of YT videos, some are very old and out of date and a lot are a contradictory in certain key areas for me as a newbie. … Rod

1 Like

Know the feeling :smile:

1 Like

@Kirky @mynameisjoe @AverageImages The main problem I have/had was activating the Care Refresh package at the same time as activating the drone. I believe that because I bought the two products together it is automatically linked to my drone or account as I received no codes or anything from DJI to give me any clues of how to do it. Anyone know differently?
Thanks … Rod :thinking:

Goto to Profile/Device Management/DJI Mini 3/Value-added Sevice

Replacement Sevice = Valid

Thanks for that, is that on the web or the DJI RC?

Is in your fly app.

1 Like

Fly app

1 Like

Thanks Richard @Kirky

1 Like

Thanks @Sparkyws

1 Like

@The-Hive rod
I see your not a million miles from me, if you get stuck give me a shout & I could possibly come & meet you if you need things checking over or a bit of support getting your new drone airborne :grin:
I’m happy to help ……

4 Likes

@Kirky Thanks Richard, but all is going well at the moment, I really appreciate the offer of help.
Thanks again … Rod

1 Like

Reading the manual didn’t help then after all! :rofl: :rofl:

@D0c.Col Ha :grinning:, Hi Colin, it is a big manual and didn’t see that bit Duh! me :frowning_face:
I will get there in the end, quite a lot of pages to go yet, and the weather is too bad to fly so no rush.
Watching YT vids and the internet can be quite contradictory.

Rod

1 Like

@The-Hive No worries Rod matey, only taking the p**s! :rofl: If you watch IaninLondons vids as suggested above you wont go far wrong. :+1:

1 Like

Go with DJI’s own first

1 Like

@D0c.Col I know Colin, I have saved Ian’s page for reference. :grinning:

Cheers … Rod

1 Like

Thanks @Sparkyws I have that saved as well, I have created a folder and store all interesting vids and things in it. Some are a bit beyond me but will be useful in the future. I was lucky with the photo / Video side of things as I spent 30 years working in photography. Rod

1 Like