New DJI Drone for me - Now arrived

I have given up on the Holystone HS720E and bought myself a DJI Mini 3 Pro after listening to you guys on here, thanks for the tips and advice. I think I have made a wise choice. :grinning:

19 Likes

I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Mini 3 Pro.

Also, as a result, you now have many more people here who can give you excellent advice/help based on experience.

2 Likes

@OzoneVibe Thanks Dave, The HS720 E was good for what it was, but for a cheap drone it performed well but not that well :grinning: It was the help and advice on here along with my research that pointed me in the right direction.

5 Likes

We love our Mini 3’s they are really good.

1 Like

You won’t regret it! My mate had the same HS as you, after his very shot of my mini2 he ordered one straight away and gave the HS to his nephew. I guess they’re ok, but they’re just not a patch on a DJI

2 Likes

I have only had two types of drone…

1. The “why did i buy that off late night tv” dtone

2. DJI.

So impressed with the DJI. Think they are great bits of kit.

1 Like

I quite like to try a drone that isn’t as stable as a DJI drone.
I have read about ATTI mode when it can’t get GPS lock. It would be interesting to “fight” with a less stable drone, just to see what it’s like.

1 Like

Just ask @group-fpv
Then have a look at all of their crashing videos :rofl:
I’ve tried my mates HS, it wasn’t much cheaper than the mini2 without the flymore combo. But the difference is remarkable Peter. Took us 20 minutes just to get it to connect to the controller. Then when it did connect I took off and went about 200 yards away, the HS went mental and was flying really erratically, along without repsonding to any stick movement. It eventually crash landed in the car park.

I’d rather sink my pennies into FPV, at least then I would know a crash was my fault.

2 Likes

@mynameisjoe That sounds about right Darren. I have just ordered a Mini 3 Pro as I own an HS720E, bought on Amazon. I did a short test in the Garden it was fine, second take off it just drifted away and headed towards houses so I had to Kill it in fight. HS replaced it without question and the replacement kept disconnecting from the transmitter. But HS would do nothing as Amazon only allow one replacement. but they the offered me a large discount if I bought another !!! HS customer care is great but sadly I found there drones not to be. It is a worry flying it … Rod

2 Likes

FPV

But its a dangerous drug.
stream

4 Likes

And you need to be fit running round fields looking for them…

3 Likes

After starting with a basic Eachine E58, which takes fiddly trimming to prevent it wandering around like a headless chicken, (but is OK as a starter to see if you want to get into the hobby) I am very pleased with my DJI Mini 3.
SO stable, even indoors.

3 Likes

My New Mini 3 Pro has arrived :laughing: Now I have to quickly plough through the 75 page manual
before unboxing and Activating it along with the Care Refresh then the fun begins

9 Likes

You will love it I’m sure ……

2 Likes

Manual? FTM, get out and fly :rofl:

3 Likes

Rtfm ? Who does that

Don’t fly it indoors.

1 Like

@milkmanchris If my wife caught me flying indoors my drone flying days would be over :laughing:

@mynameisjoe that is probably what I will end up doing when but after owing an HS I feel if I don’t read it, disaster may happen :laughing:

Rod

Will be quicker to watch a YouTube video, is what I done with my first DJI made it simple !

5 Likes

I agree with @Kirky, I have just bought my first drone (a DJI) and watched various YouTube videos the week before it arrived, and it made the first flight much less stressful. I think that the manual will come in more useful later on, in finding out the details

2 Likes