New Quay Harbour - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

This location is a beautiful area to capture video and photographs but IS inside the Aberporth Danger Area EGD201H, which is activated by NOTAM. When activate it is typically from 11:00 to 18:00. Also this location can be extremely busy with tourists. However, I made the trip down to the harbour at 08:00 a.m. at which time the danger was not activate and only a few dog walkers around to consider.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 27/05/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Hi

Im looking to fly just south down the coast from a viewing point in New Quay, its right by the Governenment Radar Equipment site if you are familiar.

Can i ask how you found out the times of the restrictions 11:00 to 18:00?

Thanks

I created an account on the NOTAM (Notice To Airmen) Info web site (Flight Planning Map: UK | NOTAM Info). This enabled me to see if any of the Danger Areas in my area of interest (MY LOCAL MAP) where active or due to be activated. When active details of the start and end times are published in UTC format. Alternatively you can click on the danger areas on the drone scene map to get the telephone number of the Pre-flight information: Range Control.