Osmington Mills - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

I arrived during high tide so decided to take off from next to the Smugglers Inn carpark. Found a quiet corner as far away from people as possible ( please be aware of the overhead power line running through the car park and towards town). I just made sure I was as far away from it as possible. Wind was very calm that day too.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 05/04/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

I’ve polished off a fair amount of food and alcohol, over the years, at Smuggler’s. :+1:

Just giving everyone a heads up. The coast pathway is closed due to subsidence and access to the beach is via a path behind the Smugglers Inn. However, after the heavy rain its extremely difficult without slipping or failing over. In fact I fell down part of the cliff and have a few bruises and cuts. But I wanted to get the drone up and take some footage. Be safe everyone. I hope you enjoy the video after the trouble getting there. :laughing:

Hope you’re ok, John!

And did you catch that on video by any chance? :blush:

All good thanks, unfortunately no video of the fall.

1 Like