Pools Brook Country Park - Added to Parks and Recreation in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Onsite Parking.

Many quiet places to fly from.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 06/07/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Thanks again @Richmighty for adding to the DroneScene map

1 Like

Went there about 3 years ago in the camper and stopped on the caravan club site just next to the country park. I had my phantom 3 std then and was a complete beginner, since then I’ve got the air and I’ve got a couple of litchi missions planned to cover both pools, just got to watch out for the pylons. Might be twitchy bum time​:joy::joy:. Nice photo :+1::+1:

1 Like

I was up there about 4 months ago and was told that I couldn’t fly any drone or hobby aircraft by this guy , without having any issues with him i didn’t argue .he said it was because of the nature and wildlife there on the property. I checked the NATS app to see if they was an issue and it was all marked up as caution

As far as I can see, there are no published bylaws or rules against drone flying on the site. There’s even been drone footage of it featured in the Derbyshire Times for it’s stunning beauty from above.

However, I also wouldn’t question anyone who said I couldn’t fly due to the wildlife there, though that is usually only ever an issue from March-August while it’s bird breeding season.

The yellow marking on the map occurs on most small parks, due to their size I think.

1 Like

May be I should have another try out there again as it is a stunning place and it was a shame and it was around May time

I’ve flown here too @Richmighty :grin:

1 Like